Thursday, January 7, 2021

Page - 94 & 100



                                         Page -94

1. Convert the Simple Sentences into Complex Sentences by using Nominal (Noun) Clause:

(i)                         I hope that I shall win the prize.

(ii)                      He confessed that he made a fault.

(iii)                   I pray that you will get success.

(iv)                   He has promised that he will help you.

(v)                      Tell what is true.

(vi)                   Do you consider that she is worthy?

(vii)                I request that you will help me.

(viii)             His silence proves that he is guilty.

(ix)                   She desires that she should go.

(x)                      Do you think I am a fool?

2. Change the following Complex sentences into Simple Sentences:


(i) Tell me your name. OR What is your name?

(ii) She asked me the reasons of my arrival.

(iii) He believed me to have done this.

(iv) His happiness is unknown to all.

(v) Her face showed her illness.

(vi) I do not know the time of my returning.

(vii) He said himself to be innocent.

(viii) I know the place of her birth.

(ix) All hope the better time to come.

(x)                      Wise is respected.

(xi)                   I saw him climbing down.

(xii)                Tell me the meaning.

Page – 100

1.  Convert the following sentences into Compound Sentences:
(i) She is wise enough and so he can accept the offer.
(ii) He was ill and so he could not do it.

(iii) I attend the school and escape being fined.
(iv) He is not only a liar but also a thief.
(v) You must apologize or you will be punished.

(vi) He threw off his shirt and plunged into the sea.
(vii) It is a drought and so the crop is short.

(viii) He is not only a deaf but also a dumb.
(ix) Not only money but also health is necessary to be happy.
(x) She was ill and so she was rejected.
(xi) You must study hard or you will not pass the examination.
(xii) He is wise enough and so he can accept the offer.
(xiii) He made a great effort and so he lifted the weight.
(xiv) Everybody deserted me but you did not.
(xv) She is sorrowful but she is hopeful.
(xvi) He picked up a ruler and hit the boy.
(xvii) He not only gave me praise but also blame.
(xviii) He was poor but he was happy.
(xix) She remained absent and so she saved herself.
(xx) He is not only sane but also honest.

2.  Convert the following Compound Sentences into Simple ones.
(i) You must not be abstract but practical.
(ii)  It is not noble to be done with a motive.
(iii) The ink having dried up, I could not write.
(iv)  In spite of trying his best he failed to finish it.
(v) We must hurry to catch the train.
(vi)   Run fast to catch the train.
(vii) You must either pay the bill at once or return the goods.
(viii) He became a player by practicing daily. Or
Having practiced daily he became a player.
(ix) We must not be late to catch the train.
(x) He surprised us utterly by forgiving his enemy.
(xi) In spite of his being very poor, he does not complain.
(xii) We must eat to live.
(xiii) In spite of his being steady worker, he is slow.
(xiv) In spite of crying she did not complain.
(xv) In spite of escaping many times, he was finally caught.
(xvi) We gave them.
(xvii) Be good to be happy.
(xviii) Besides his making promise, he also kept it.
(xix) In spite of her reading the story, she could not tell it.
(xx) My friend having arrived, we went for a picnic.
(xxi) Besides doing this, he offended his master.

(xxii) You must not be late to avoid fine.

 

 

 

1 comment: