Friday, December 25, 2020

CONDITIONAL: Answers Page - 93



1. Rewrite these sentences as conditional ones:

(i) We cannot go out for a picnic because it is very cold.

Answer: If it is very cold, we cannot go out for a picnic.

(ii) India did not bowl well, so it lost the match.

Answer: If India bowled well it would not lose the match.

(iii) I would like to buy a TV set, but I can't afford it.

Answer: If I afforded, I would like to buy a TV set.

(iv) She could not meet her friend because she was not at home.

Answer: If her friend was at home, she could meet her.

(v) He cannot get this job because he was not qualified for it.

Answer: If he is qualified for the job, he can get it.

(vi) You could not get the rebate because you missed the last date.

Answer: If you did not miss the last date, you could get the rebate.

(vii) She did not go to the market by bus. She took a long time.

Answer: If she went to the market by bus, she would not get a long time.

(viii) My mother can't go out very often because she is very old.

Answer: If my mother is not very old, she can go out very often.

(ix) He could not buy the house because he did not have enough money.

Answer: If he had enough money, he could buy the house.

(x) The scooterist had got a head injury because he was not wearing a helmet.

Answer: If the scooterist was wearing a helmet, he would not get a head injury.

2. Fill in the blanks using the correct form of the verbs in brackets:

(i)  If you see Tikku, give love to him. (give)

(ii) What would happen if you did not go to work tomorrow? (not go)

(iii) Oil floats if you pour it on water. (float)

(iv) If I were you, I would start packing now. (start)

(v) What would you do if you won a prize? (do)

(vi) The police will arrest you if you spread rumors. (arrest)

(vii) Would he be granted leave if he applied for it? (apply)

(viii) You will repeat if you repeat the mistake. (repeat)

(ix) I would certainly see this movie if tickets were available. (be)

(x) If the cake is spoiled, do not blame me. (not blame)

(xi) If God granted you two boons, what would you ask? (you ask)

(xii) Had I seen the red signal, I would have stopped the car. (stop)

(xiii) If the voltage suddenly rises, the fuse blows off. (blow)

(xiv) If you were satisfied, tell others. (tell)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment