Saturday, May 23, 2020

PARTICIPLE


Grammar Page 49 class 6 based on Participle

 Join the following pair of sentences by Participle.

(i)     Reaching the front door he rang the doorbell.

(ii)    Having bought a ticket she entered the cinema hall.
(iii)   Finishing the dinner the guests left the hall one by one.
(iv)   I could not make out the meaning of a letter written badly.
(v)    It being a very cold night I remained in my room.
(vi)   Opening the safe we found the money intact.
(vii)   Reading the question she wondered what the answer was.
(viii)  Walking in the park I saw a purse.
(ix)   Failing in the first attempt he made no further effort.
(x)    Receiving no reply to my letter I soon sent an urgent telegram.
(xi)   Hearing the news she fainted.
(xii)   Having seized his stick he went out of his house.

No comments:

Post a Comment