Tuesday, December 10, 2019

The Duck and the Kangaroo : ncert solution class 8


WORKING WITH THE POEM
1. Taking words that come at the end of the lines, write five pairs of rhyming words. Read each pair aloud, For example, pond-beyond.
Ans:- Bold cold, rocks socks, cloak smoke, bound round, ready steady.
2. Complete the dialogue.
Duck: Dear Kangaroo! Why don't you give me a ride on your back?
Kangaroo: With pleasure, my dear Duck, though your unpleasantly cold and wet feet cause me rheumatism.
Duck: That won't be a problem. I will use the worsted socks which fit my web-feet neatly.
3. The Kangaroo does not want to catch 'rheumatism. Spot this word in stanza 3 and say why it is spelled differently. Why is it in two parts? Why does the second part begin with a capital letter?
Ans:- The word ‘roo’I think, indicates Kangaroo and ‘Matiz’ indicates a disease ‘rheumatism. As we know every line of the poem begins with a capital letter so the second part begins with a capital letter.
4. Do you find the poem humorous? Read aloud lines that make you laugh.
Ans:-This poem is really a humorous one. Some lines that make us laugh are
“Said the Kangaroo, ‘I’ m ready!
All in the moonlight pale,
But to balance me well, dear Duck, sit steady!
And quite at the end of my tail!”         


No comments:

Post a Comment